1. How much is required to reserve my wedding date? If you are ready to reserve The Graham Mill for your wedding or event, we require a non-refundable 50% deposit. This is paid online by credit card, debit card or bank transfer. This deposit will be non-refundable but events can be moved to any available date for no additional charge. Payment plans are available starting at $500/month.
2. What will be the flow of events? There are many possibilities for where your ceremony and cocktail hour could take place! Of course, you are even welcome to have your ceremony off-site (a local church, nearby park, etc.) and simply host your reception at The Graham Mill. Below are some of our most popular options and you can check out our PHOTOS page to see some sample layouts.
Option 1) Indoor Ceremony - Outdoor Cocktail Hour - Indoor Reception In this scenario, dinner tables could be pre-set and lining the walls or hidden behind draping (provided by CE Rental). When your guests transition outside for cocktail hour, your catering team, venue host, and coordination team will move the tables and chairs into place for the reception.
Option 2) Outdoor Ceremony- Indoor Cocktail Hour- Indoor Reception Following your outdoor ceremony, guests would be invited inside to enjoy drinks and appetizers. If you are happy for guests to begin taking their seats, no draping is needed and our cocktail tables can be placed on the dance floor. If you would prefer for cocktail hour to be separate from the reception, draping could be rented to divide the hall. For guest counts under 150 guests, an outdoor ceremony and outdoor cocktail hour could take place. If it were to rain and you did not want to move your ceremony inside, a tent could be rented from CE Rental.
Option 3) Indoor Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception Don't like the outdoors? No problem! All 240 guests could fit inside for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Following the ceremony, guests would be asked to move to the cocktail hour location (we recommend draping that area so your guests do not watch the flip) and your catering team, venue host and coordination team will move the tables and chairs into place for your reception.
3. Is it too far out for my Triangle or Triad based guests? Airports and Hotels? Not at all! The Graham Mill is only a 30 minute drive from Durham, Chapel Hill, High Point and Greensboro and less than a 1 hour drive from Raleigh and Winston Salem. We are just 5 minutes off of I-40, in the heart of downtown, with ample restaurants and hotels nearby. It is a 40 minute drive from both Raleigh-Durham International Airport and Piedmont-Triad International Airport. There are 15 hotels within a 15 minute drive including Courtyard by Marriot, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn and many more! Our favorite boutique hotel is The Colonial Inn just 20 minutes away!
4. What comes included in my rental? Vendors, decor, catering, bar, china, glassware, draping, lounges and linens do not come included in our rental fee. Check out our Pricing Page for the full list of what is included! We will also provide you with a list of recommendations of vendors who provide these items!
5. Do you have required vendors? Can I bring my own? From the hundreds of weddings we have been a part of, we know there is one key factor that makes or breaks a wedding, your vendors!! We have a list of over 150 vendors from across North Carolina we kindly ask that our couples use to select their vendors. This rule is not to limit clients and we do not receive any form of kickbacks. This rule is simply to protect the couple and their guests from the countless "wedding horror stories" we have witnessed. From photos not being delivered for over a year, to caterers running out of food or alcohol, to vendors who are a complete no-show, we can't bare to let our couples have these negative experiences. Every vendor on our team is experienced, professional, hard-working, delivers on their promises, and is insured for if anything were to go wrong! If you have a vendor who meets these requirements who you would like to work with and cannot find your perfect match on our list, we are more than happy to reach out to them and conduct our approval process. If all requirements are met, you are welcome to use them and if not, we will work together to find a creative alternative. We assure you that no matter your style, budget or vision, you will find vendors you LOVE on our list! Just send an email to Info@TheGrahamMill.com for a copy!
6. What tables and chairs come included? Your rental includes 10 8ft tables (seats 10) and 10 72inch round tables (seats 10) that seat a total of 200 guests. Additional or alternative tables can be rented from Meez, Greenhouse Picker Sisters, Cottage Luxe or CE Rental. 150 chairs come included in your rental.
7. What chairs do I use for my outdoor ceremony? Unfortunately, our in-house chairs cannot be used outside. We require that you rent an additional set of chairs for your outdoor ceremony. White folding chairs start as low as $1-4 each from CE Rental and Grand Rental Station.Your rental company will deliver them, set them up for you and come back to pick them up!
8. Is the space wheelchair accessible? Yes! Inside and outside!
9. Can I get ready on-site? Yes! Your rental includes the space from noon-11pm. If you use one of our preferred hair and makeup artists, you will be able to start using the two dressing suites as early as needed! If you use someone who is not on our list, the dressing suites can be rented for $100/hour. Vendor arrival and set up will still begin at noon.
10. What is the max capacity? 240 seated guests inside and outside!
11. Can you tell me about the surroundings? Where do we park? The Graham Mill is located just one block away from Main Street in Downtown Graham! The Graham Mill is a free-standing building. If you are facing the building, on our left is the rest of Oneida Mill (beautiful brick building) that has now been turned into apartments and on the right is El Palmar, a Mexican Restaurant. The parking lot to the right of our building is owned by El Palmar. Across the street is the stunning Graham Presbyterian Church. Their beautiful landscaping and grounds are the perfect spot for outdoor photos. Their parking lot is public every day except Sunday and is the main spot Graham guests will park. In addition, there is ample street parking (free after 5 and weekends!) and nearby free public parking lots less than a 5 minute walk from our front door!
12. What is a typical event schedule? Your planner will help you set the perfect schedule for you! But here is just a sample to get you started :) 12:00 Vendor Arrival & Set Up 3:00 Couple, Wedding Party & Family Photos 4:30 Guest Arrival 5:00 Ceremony 5:30 Cocktail Hour 6:30 Entrances, First Dance, Welcome 6:45 Dinner 7:30 Toasts 7:45 Cake Cutting & Parent Dances 8:00 Open Dance 10:00 Exit
13. What type of exits are allowed? Sparklers, glow sticks, foam glow sticks, bubbles, ribbons are all allowed! The only type of exit not allowed is paper confetti. An eco-friendly alternative is to hole punch confetti out of leaves!
14. What is the average wedding budget of couples? The average cost of weddings in North Carolina is $25,000. That is a very helpful number to begin with and many factors would dictate if your total wedding would be higher or lower. Some of the biggest factors are guest count, food choice, beer/wine vs full bar, and DJ vs band. We are happy to provide all couples with vendors and creative ideas to plan your perfect wedding, no matter the budget!